Sunday, May 9, 2010

Springtime Grub Issues

I was wondering if anyone else out there is experiencing grub problems this spring. We have had some digging for about 2 weeks now. We examined the turf to find numerous grubs like you would in the fall. I suspect that the amount of grubs might be attributed to the Japanese beetles that we experienced in mass numbers last year for the first time. I would be interested to hear from anyone that is or has experienced this problem before.

PS caught my first coon last night…..

Randy Moeller
Golf Course Supervisor
City of Muscatine, Iowa 52761

1 comment:

terry negen said...

I have been seeing the same problem for the about the same time frame and after digging up the area we to have found grubs. I was wondering if spraying early would help solve the problem or just putting Dylox on the areas that they have digging in.