Monday, April 26, 2010

I’m Mowing Greens Again!



Well it is good to get back on a greensmower again after a few years in a related, but slightly different career with Iowa State University Extension. I am writing to inform everyone of my new position as Instructor of Landscape and Turfgrass Technology, a new program at Indian Hills Community College (IHCC) in Ottumwa, IA. The Landscape and Turfgrass Technology program at IHCC will be accepting enrollment soon with the first classes starting this fall. It offers students a two year Associate of Applied Science Degree or a one year Certificate as a Grounds Equipment Technician and prepares the students planning to go on for a four year degree.

I am very excited about the potential of this program and my new position! IHCC has an excellent facility and is dedicated to providing the best experience possible for its students. I look forward to working with many of you again and hope to meet many others as we collaborate in the future with interns or other projects. Always feel free to contact me if have any questions or interested students in the program.

My new contact info is:
Neric Smith, Instructor
Indian Hills Community College
525 Grandview Ave.
Ottumwa, IA 52501
Cell: 515-368-1544
Email: nsmith@indianhills.edu
http://www.indianhills.edu/courses/tech/landscapetech.html
http://www.indianhills.edu/courses/tech/groundsequipment.html


I hope the golf season is off to a good start also remember the frosts may not be over yet, refer back to the chart I posted originally on September 25, 2009. http://iaturf.blogspot.com/2009/09/its-about-time-for-frost.html

No comments: